Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Amalaya Vino Tinto - 2.5

Today's review is the 2006 Amalaya Vino Tinto from Argentina.
The odor is not real pleasant. In addition to the alcohol smell, I note somewhat of a turpentine scent. Its got a rather dry bite to it, but not overwhelmingly so. I notice a somewhat strong smokey flavor. Also a woody, oakey taste. Perhaps it was stored in burnt out oak barrels. I'm noticing the negatives, but not really noticing any positives. Overall, not so good.

Jaime fell asleep before she was able to give me her full review, but she did manage to give her rating and say that I could have her glass because "it would be a waste" for her to drink it.

Peter gives this wine a 3 out of 10. I probably wouldn't buy this unless it was dirt cheap.
Jaime gives this wine a 2 out of 10.

2 comments:

  1. ADDENDUM: I thought it was sour & had some sort of bite to it also! I think it got better after it breathed for a while, but it only improved to maybe a 3. To sum it up, I was not a fan of this wine & could think of a lot better ways to spend my weight watchers points, thus I let my husband finish the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange how tastes vary. Wine Spectator gave the '06 a 90, and the '07 got 91 points.
    Maybe you got a bad bottle? It sounds like you were drinking vinegar!

    ReplyDelete