Saturday, December 19, 2009

Time to end the suspense

I know you're all dying to find out what the paver stones are for. Well, here it is!
Yes, we got a hot tub! I've always wanted a hot tub and now I finally have a place to put one. I know that hot tubs aren't going to give you any real return on the cost, and they can be really expensive, so we tried to do it relatively cheaply. I had been keeping an eye out on craigs list for used hot tubs. There really wasn't anything as cheap as what I was hoping for. We looked into a couple refurbished hot tubs and weren't impressed, either. Through an ad on craig's list I did get in contact with a guy selling hot tubs out of a warehouse in lancaster. It was kind of a wierd setting. He just had a warehouse full of hot tubs sitting up on their sides and stacked one in front of another. He said he had around 120 of them. Some seemed to be in better condition than others, though. We ended up finding one that was an unused 2007 model with a refurbished crack in the lip of the tub. It was still more than I originally wanted, but it is new, comes with a warranty, free delivery and other goodies. It was quite a discount compared to what I would expect for a new hot tub and I was pretty happy with the deal. We've already used it a couple times and we're quite happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment