Friday, March 5, 2010

Rutini Malbec - 6

Today's wine review is for the 2007 Rutini Malbec from Argentina.
I'm not a big fan of the smell. In fact its downright obnoxious. It smells a bit like paint thinner or turpentine with a hint of alcohol and grape. The color is extremely dark purple. You don't want this stuff on your white clothes. The flavor, however, is much better. I would say it has pleasant (moderate) amounts of sourness, tannins, and dryness. Using my wine wheel, I sense hints of black currant, black pepper, bell pepper, and oak. Overall a very good tasting wine.

Jaime says it has an earthy, oakey aroma. She says "its a decent red wine."

Peter gives this wine a 7 out of 10. I'd give it an 8 if the odor wasn't such an affront to my delicate nostrils.
Jaime gives this wine a 5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment