Friday, October 9, 2009

Montclair Sauvignon Blanc - 4.5

Our next wine review will be a 2008 Montclair Sauvignon Blanc from California:
Again, muffin just wants to be where the action is, even if it means trying to climb up my leg to get into the picture.

I get a bit of apple and rose. Its not too acidic. In fact, I wish it were more sour. Really not a whole lot of flavor in general. There is a barely noticeable unpleasant aftertaste that I can't quite put my finger on. Its very similar to the taste I have in my mouth after I have an order of McDonalds french fries. Anybody else get a strange slightly dry/sticky feeling in your mouth accompanied by a strange almost metallic taste after eating McDonalds fries? Its a shame, too, cause they're the best tasting fries of the major 3 burger joints. Ok, back to the wine. Jaime says it doesn't have a lot of flavor, and that its "predictable and lackluster". She didn't see my review before giving her comments, so thats kind of remarkable that she had such a similar reaction to this wine (minus the mickey-Ds reference).

Peter gives this wine a 4/10. I'm not impressed.
Jaime gives this wine a 5/10.
Average score: 4.5

1 comment:

  1. ha, ha! does that mean you're impressed with my wine review!?

    ReplyDelete