Saturday, May 1, 2010

Garden Update

I spent an hour or so in the garden today thinning plants and weeding. When I last did serious weeding (a couple weeks ago) I missed this patch because it was too close to the onions to use the hoe on.
Ugh, I don't know what these things are, but they're all over the place. I've actually transplanted one of the larger ones to a weed-free area of the garden that doesn't have any veggies yet. I want to see what the weed turns into when it grows up. Know your enemy. The rest of weeds got yanked by hand.

The weather for the next several days looks pretty terrific for the garden. 70's during the day, 50's at night with likely rain. This seems like good weather to get my first transplant into the ground. These baby Broccolis are still pretty sparse so I'll wait a bit before I thin them down to one plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment