Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Seeds Have Been Ordered!

I ordered my seeds for the garden. As I mentioned in a previous post, I had a gift certificate to Thompson and Morgan, so many of the seeds came from there, but I also got some organic and heirloom seeds from Peaceful Valley, which is where I got my cover crops from. I also plan on getting potatos and onion sets from a local gardening store in a month or two. Lastly, I randomly picked up some Brussels Sprouts seeds that I saw at Lowe's because I didn't really like any of the Brussel Sprout options I had been looking at online and they were really cheap. So the final list is:

Lowe's:
- Ferry-Morse Catskills Brussels Sprouts

Thompson and Morgan:
- Organic Rocket/Arugula
- Pakman F1 Hybrid Broccoli
- Beet Swiss Chard Bright Lights
- Organic Bush Bean Modus
- Gourmet Sweet Pepper
- Spring Onion Perfomer
- Minnesota Midget Melon
- Spacemaker Cucumber

Peaceful Valley:
- Old German Heirloom Tomato
- Isis Candy Cherry Tomato
- Cocozelle Heirloom Zucchini
- Kohlrabi
- Spaghetti Squash
- Seeds of Change Snow Peas
- Pak Choi (aka Bak Choy)

Local Garden Store (future purchase):
- Long day bulbing storage onion sets
- One or two varieties of potatoes

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, those spacemaker cucumbers are pretty good growers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest you start building the roadside stand soon!

    ReplyDelete